Online Marriage Application

Welcome to the Washington County Online Marriage Application System

$60.00 license fee is non-refundable.

  • Cash
  • Check
  • Money Order
  • Credit/Debit Card


You must meet these requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply for a marriage license. Blood tests and medical exams are not required.

  • Legal age for marriage in the State of Oregon for both applicants is 18 years-of-age.
  • A seventeen-year-old can be married if the parent or guardian gives consent. The parent or guardian must submit a notarized Parental Consent for Marriage of a Minor form at the time the applicants apply for their marriage license. These forms are available in the office.
  • Anyone not yet 17 years of age cannot be legally married in the State of Oregon.

Applicants cannot be first cousins or nearer kin.

A license can be issued one day after the final date of a divorce. If you were previously married, you’ll need the exact date of your divorce to complete the application.

License Conditions

Licenses may be obtained in any county in Oregon, and can only be used in the State of Oregon.

No extensions of time or refunds of money are made once the license is issued.

Waiting Period
There is a three-day waiting period from the day the license is purchased until it can be used.

If your marriage ceremony is scheduled prior to the three-day waiting period, you can request a waiver for the waiting period. You must have a scheduled wedding ceremony to apply for the waiver. Waiver forms are available at the counter when you apply for your marriage license. There is a fee for the waiver form.

Once the license is effective, it is valid for a 60-day period.

Certified Copy

Once the marriage has taken place, and the completed marriage license is returned to the County Clerk, an official certified copy of the license can be obtained from the County Clerk for $7.75.

Legal Copies
The certified document is considered the legal copy, and can be used by the applicants to change their name on items like a driver's license or social security card.

A decorative marriage certificate will be provided. This is not a legal document and may not be used as proof of marriage.

If an issued license is lost or destroyed, it can be replaced at the County Clerk’s office.

© Helion Software 2024